IP Security allows you to restrict access to your website via IP address or IP masks. When the restriction rule is triggered, the customer gets redirected to a CMS page specified in the settings, or just to a blank page. You can receive notifications about triggered rules via email. There is also the opportunity to switch your website off for maintenance.
- Separate white/blacklist for the frontend and the admin panel
- Notifications about triggered rules to the shop owner via e-mail
- Two action types for a triggered rule (a blank page and a redirect to a specified CMS page)
- Editable notification message templates
- Allows specifying IP addresses, as well as IP masks and IP ranges. You can add comments to rules.
- The application saves IP-addresses which were blocked in the data base. A block journal is available in the admin panel.
- Access by token function
Restrict access to the administration panel
- Let's say, you are a shop owner and you want your operators and managers to work in the admin panel only from their workplaces. There can be several reasons for that:
- You don't want for your staff to work overtime from home
- You don't want for your staff to have access to confidential information without any supervision
- You want to decrease the probability of getting your information accessed by an outsider, who somehow got an operator's password
Restrict access to frontend
- You may want to ignore some groups of visitors. It can be:
- People, who leave unwanted messages in reviews, tags, and other places, where it is possible to enter text
- People, who tried paying with stolen credit cards
- Visitors from specific countries (you will have to manually enter the IP address ranges belonging to such countries)
- Any person, towards whom you feel antipathy
Switch off your website for maintenance
- For example, you may wish to close your site temprorarily for mainteance. During that time, you want to notify potential customers that you will be back online soon. IP Security allows you to temporarily close your shop and show a page with an announcement about the site maintenance time. Also, search engines will be notified that the site is under maintenance, and not down.
|Documentation and Resources||
Documentation (from NCR)
User Guide (from the developer)
Configuration, personalized training, and technical support are not included with the purchase price of the extension.