What is Google Shopping?
Google Shopping allows shoppers to quickly and easily find your product listings on Google. As a seller, Google Shopping purports to offer you the following advantages:
- Attract more potential buyers. Google Shopping helps you to reach shoppers while they are searching for items to buy on Google.
- Control your product information. With Google Shopping, you can maintain the accuracy and freshness of your product information, so your customers find the relevant, current items they're looking for.
The Google Shopping experience is built on Product Listing Ads, which are ads that include rich product information, such as product image, price, and merchant name. This ad format uses the data attributes from the product information you submit in your Merchant Center data feed. Google shows your ad to people who are already searching for the kinds of products you sell, so those people are more likely to take action. You can customize your ad content, set a budget and pricing that’s comfortable for you, and measure the impact of your ad with advanced reporting and performance tools, through your Google Merchant Center.
Two key points to remember, in order for your products to appear in Google Shopping:
- You must routinely provide Google with a file called a "Product Feed" that tells Google about your products (e.g. name, description, price, etc.).
- You must also commit to paid Product Listings with Google, through your Google Merchant Center account. Google Shopping is not a free service for merchants.
How does NCR Retail Online work with Google Shopping?
The first requirement for Google Shopping is that you routinely provide Google with a "product feed" file that tells Google about your products. This feed file can be automated from the data already in your NRO storefront, via Professional Services.
- NCR will implement a 3rd-party extension that will allow you to define an unlimited number of customizable product feeds, including Google Shopping.
- NCR will provide a custom mapping file that will allow you to upload from Counterpoint the additional product information required for Google Shopping Feeds (e.g., Google Category, Condition, Apparel-specific data such as gender and age group, etc.). We will work with you to define the appropriate Counterpoint locations for this data if you do not already have this data in your Counterpoint system. You will be responsible for entering this data into Counterpoint.
- NCR will provide a feed configuration for Google Shopping, and will work with you to submit your initial feed to Google and set up your ongoing feed updates.
- Extension license ($364, for third-party add-in to generate the required feed file)
- 1st year Annual Maintenance Plan ($214/yr after the 1st year)
- Extension installation ($75)
- Google feed configuration, with backup
- Custom mapping file to upload Google-required product info from Counterpoint ($450)
- Personalized training for Counterpoint data setup, NRO feed configuration, and Google Merchant account feed setup
Configuration, personalized training, and technical support are not included with the purchase price of the extension.